Six Weeks Breastfeeding Tips:
- Another growth spurt! Baby will nurse more frequently for several days in a row
- Crying peaks at this phase of baby’s life, be patient
- You may begin to see social smiling from baby
- Baby will continue to nurse every 1½ to 3 hours, with one long 3-5 hour interval of sleep (hopefully at night)
- Attend a La Leche League Meeting https://www.lllct.org/ or https://lllny.org/
- Recommended reading: “The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding” by La Leche League International
- If you have to leave baby when you return to work in a few weeks, begin storing your milk. Call for an appointment for guidance on preparing to return to work.